Our sly take on the café racer, the Himel Bros. Kensington bespoke leather jacket is named for the famous Jewish market in Toronto, Ontario, located just steps from the Himel Bros. atelier.
- Rooted in the English and American tunic-style pieces of the 1950s, the Kensington incorporates uniquely Canadian design references, including a giant 1930s-style back panel. The design is as simple as it is effective—our organic, hand-drawn, patterns give the Kensington Café Racer an iconic look.
No Himel Bros. design is complete without special attention to fit—the Kensington is designed to allow full arm movement without a bi-swing back, through carefully applied give in the pattern behind the shoulders. This design allows for the formation of a V-shaped gusset over the belt buckle, creating the full range of motion.
This is a bespoke product, that requires additional measurements to be submitted by the customer. Once you submit your order, you can find the interactive instructions and order form right here.
For stock size orders, please consult the size chart here, and select "I am ordering a jacket in a stock size." on the order form.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- Leather piping over zippers, across the shoulder, back, chest pockets, and cuffs.
- New Old Stock (NOS) 1950s zippers from our expansive collection.
- Leather laced zipper pulls on main zip and sleeves.
- Waldes Diamond-pull zippers on chest pockets.
- Guterman all-cotton American-Made Thread.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship internationally using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Please contact us for any special shipping requests. We ship in Canada using Canada Post.
Customers are responsible for any and all fees and duties incurred in international delivery.
Return Policy: We accept returns on new, premade items, not including made-to-order, or overstock, within seven (7) days. Items must be in new condition.
We do not accept returns on any bespoke or made-to-order products, limited releases, sample sale, or presale items.
Presale orders may be canceled for a full refund until the end of the specified presale period, after which no returns will be accepted. Exchanges in the event of an incorrect size can be arranged at Himel Bros. Leather's discretion.