Available in two full tan Italian Horsebutt leathers, in a limited run of 80 boots. Designed after Canadian Army officers’ dress boots from WW 1. The Boot represents our take on the ideal military footwear. We’ve selected each element of the boot to reflect both authentic manufacturing from the 1915 pattern, and recreated the construction and toughest materials available from that era.
Italian Work Shoe Horsebutt is available in two versions. This extraordinarily tough leather is replicated in a smooth chocolate brown and a military black Scotch pebble grain for complete accuracy to the period. Used during WWI in the Canadian infantry, we selected this leather because it best matched the original deadstock boot drawn directly from Brett Viberg’s personal collection.
Please note: These boots will be produced in an extremely limited run, where there will be 30 pairs made in the Chocolate Brown and 50 pairs made in the Black Pebble finish. Order now to ensure your pair is reserved!
Using the 2040 last, the pattern and shape is as good an adaptation of the original boot for our modern tribe infantry. A soft toe and a unique silhouette even among Viberg’s diverse range. This eye for detail, combined with their excellence in production, is the reason that Viberg is so renowned as a boot maker.
These boot were built for authenticity inside and out in construction and style to replicate the original 1915 Canadian infantry boot!
Click here to visit the Product Page for additional ordering options to add a limited edition T-Shirt.
The Infantry Boot is available in Viberg sizing. Please use this page on the Viberg site to select your correct size. One width is available, in general terms narrow at the heel and wide in the forefoot. Widths are equivalent to a EE in other boot brands, but will likely fit all feet from the widest to the narrowest. You cannot change your size once the boot is in production so make sure or call Viberg to confirm your sizing.
The boot uses Goodyear channeled welted construction hand filled with cork. This process on ancient machines was revived from the 1960s Viberg tradtion. A 5.5 mm French oak pit tanned insole is the secure chassis, the leather stacked heal is also the same tough pit tanned leather. Every boot is full brass nailed and tacked. There is a solid wood shank and with the channeled insole and soft toe they will mould to your foot.
- High stitches per inch outsole stitching similar to a classic dress boot using 100% cotton top thread
- Viberg's Goodyear channeled welted construction with high stitch count stitching
- Goodyear welted channeled insole using the original process seen in 1960s vintage Viberg boots
- Italian Full Vegetable Tan Chocolate coloured Horse Butt - traditional vintage style lugged corded sole with excellent traction
- Italian Full Vegetable Tan Night Black Scotch Traditioinal Pebble Grain - traditional all leather sole with a Catspaw heel
- 8 AA Eyelets
- Vibergs 2040 last
- All sole leather is 1 year pit-tanned French leather
- Includes canvas dust bag, leather and waxed laces
- Production completion will be for October/November 2022. Shipping and deliveries will begin once production is complete.