- They called our soldiers “Johnny Canuck,” in WWII. When those hardworking men returned to Canada, they might have worn leather jackets like this one. Adapted from a very early 1920s jacket from W. Shanhouse and Sons, the Canuck keeps the original beauty and simplicity of fit, but adds updated, better stitching and construction. This lean-fitting stunner of a railwayman’s jacket is rugged, with a high armhole for very efficient movement.
Note that the Canuck is available (for a $50 additional charge) with the Himel Bros. “Keystone Back Belt,” a unique, Art Deco-inspired innovation. Select it under “Special Features.”
This is a bespoke product, that requires additional measurements to be submitted by the customer. Once you submit your order, you can find the interactive instructions and order form right here.
For stock size orders, please consult the size chart here, and select "I am ordering a jacket in a stock size." on the order form.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- New Old Stock (NOS) vintage buttons, with buttonholes sewn with our 1940s Reece 101 buttonhole machines. These are the buttonholes that put Himel Bros. on the map.
- Himel Bros. proprietary stitching techniques—high stitch count with holes that don’t stretch.
- Our stitching takes up to 3x longer than other makers, but we think it’s worth the extra work.
- Underarm expansion gussets, made in the style of the earliest examples.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship internationally using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Please contact us for any special shipping requests. We ship in Canada using Canada Post.
Customers are responsible for any and all fees and duties incurred in international delivery.
Return Policy: We accept returns on new, premade items, not including made-to-order, or overstock, within seven (7) days. Items must be in new condition.
We do not accept returns on any bespoke or made-to-order products, limited releases, sample sale, or presale items.
Presale orders may be canceled for a full refund until the end of the specified presale period, after which no returns will be accepted. Exchanges in the event of an incorrect size can be arranged at Himel Bros. Leather's discretion.