This leather jacket’s design springs from two rich sources of history: Aviator’s jackets, and early D-pocket motorcycle jackets.
- Named for the legendary Canadian/British aviation company, which produced warplanes from WWI on, the Avro is the most complex pattern in the Himel Bros. arsenal. Inspired by an early “Leather Togs” D-pocket jacket which David believes to be the “missing link”—the single jacket which arguably defined the modern motorcycle jacket—the Avro shows the best of Himel Bros. quality and attention to detail.
Features include the “D-pocket,” also commonly known as the “map,” pocket, a beautiful “Sunburst,” back, typical of early-1930s Canadian sport jackets, and a cool chinstrap tucked beneath the collar. See details for more.
This is a bespoke product, that requires additional measurements to be submitted by the customer. Once you submit your order, you can find the interactive instructions and order form right here.
For stock size orders, please consult the size chart here, and select "I am ordering a jacket in a stock size." on the order form.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- Made in Japan replica 1940s zippers, featuring decorative leather welts. All pull-tabs come with leather grips and decorative spot work.
- Internal pack pocket.
- Kidney belt area, underarms, and cuffs lined with smooth buffalo leather.
- Underarm expansion gussets, made in the style of the earliest examples.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship internationally using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Please contact us for any special shipping requests. We ship in Canada using Canada Post.
Customers are responsible for any and all fees and duties incurred in international delivery.
Return Policy: We accept returns on new, premade items, not including made-to-order, or overstock, within seven (7) days. Items must be in new condition.
We do not accept returns on any bespoke or made-to-order products, limited releases, sample sale, or presale items.
Presale orders may be canceled for a full refund until the end of the specified presale period, after which no returns will be accepted. Exchanges in the event of an incorrect size can be arranged at Himel Bros. Leather's discretion.