- The Himel Bros. design process involves a lot of what we call “what-iffing.” Our Wolverine Grizzly Jacket is a perfect example of that process—what if the fur-covered “Grizzly” sport jackets of the 1930s had, instead of dying out, been pushed to the bleeding edge of authentic cool? What if they were made with the best Japanese horsehide in the world? Dave Himel only knows one way to answer that kind of question, and after years of experimentation and prototyping, Himel Bros. offers the answer. You’ll understand why we named this jacket after the fiercest predator in Northern Canada.
This is a bespoke product, that requires additional measurements to be submitted by the customer. Once you submit your order, you can find the interactive instructions and order form right here.
For stock size orders, please consult the size chart here, and select "I am ordering a jacket in a stock size." on the order form.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- New Old Stock (NOS) 1930s buttons, with buttonholes sewn with our 1940s Reece 101 buttonhole machines. These are the buttonholes that put Himel Bros. on the map.
- Front zippers are Japanese replica 1930s Talons.
- Horsehide panels accent cow fur hair-on hide, with a single large keystone-shaped fur back panel. Note that there is considerable variation of color within the fur, and this is not considered a flaw. Each jacket is unique.
- Contact us to see your fur panels before manufacturing.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship internationally using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Please contact us for any special shipping requests. We ship in Canada using Canada Post.
Customers are responsible for any and all fees and duties incurred in international delivery.
Return Policy: We accept returns on new, premade items, not including made-to-order, or overstock, within seven (7) days. Items must be in new condition.
We do not accept returns on any bespoke or made-to-order products, limited releases, sample sale, or presale items.
Presale orders may be canceled for a full refund until the end of the specified presale period, after which no returns will be accepted. Exchanges in the event of an incorrect size can be arranged at Himel Bros. Leather's discretion.