- The Himel Bros. design process involves a lot of what we call “what-iffing.” Our Wolverine Grizzly Jacket is a perfect example of that process—what if the fur-covered “Grizzly” sport jackets of the 1930s had, instead of dying out, been pushed to the bleeding edge of authentic cool? What if they were made with the best Japanese horsehide in the world? Dave Himel only knows one way to answer that kind of question, and after years of experimentation and prototyping, Himel Bros. offers the answer. You’ll understand why we named this jacket after the fiercest predator in Northern Canada.
This jacket is available for bespoke or stock size orders. To begin the bespoke order process, click here for our guide to ordering a customized jacket.
To order a stock size, simply ignore the "measurements (optional)" section below, and select the size you wish to receive under the “Size” dropdown below the description.
For stock size orders, please consult this chart for available measurements.
Special features are available on both bespoke and stock size jackets. Please consult this page for more information about available options.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- New Old Stock (NOS) 1930s buttons, with buttonholes sewn with our 1940s Reece 101 buttonhole machines. These are the buttonholes that put Himel Bros. on the map.
- Front zippers are Japanese replica 1930s Talons.
- Horsehide panels accent cow fur hair-on hide, with a single large keystone-shaped fur back panel. Note that there is considerable variation of color within the fur, and this is not considered a flaw. Each jacket is unique.
- Contact us to see your fur panels before manufacturing.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Our customs brokerage is very good, and we ship successfully worldwide.
We accept returns for premade items within seven (7) days of receipt, in new/unworn condition.
Bespoke items cannot be returned.