- The Heron is named for both the majestic Canadian waterfowl, and the White Heron Castle in Japan, near where our proprietary Shinki horsehide is sourced. It’s based on a deeply primitive early-1930s style, which demonstrates both the simplistic beauty of naïve tailoring, and the construction excesses of the 1930s. Characteristic of adventurers from Earhartt to Byrd, this Cossack style was adopted by the American military and designated the ‘A-1.’ Its descendants became universal—but the Heron is unique. Its shawl collar shape and organic, hand-drawn lines are specific Himel Bros. innovations. We stand by it—the Heron is the finest A-1 money can buy.
This jacket is available for bespoke or stock size orders. To begin the bespoke order process, click here for our guide to ordering a customized jacket.
To order a stock size, simply ignore the "measurements (optional)" section below, and select the size you wish to receive under the “Size” dropdown below the description.
For stock size orders, please consult this chart for available measurements.
Special features are available on both bespoke and stock size jackets. Please consult this page for more information about available options.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- New Old Stock (NOS) cateye buttons, with buttonholes sewn with our 1940s Reece 101 buttonhole machines. These are the buttonholes that put Himel Bros. on the map.
- Plain-back design with giant back panel evokes the pre-WWII period of leather design during which wastage was no concern.
- No gussets or expansion engineering, in keeping with the period reference. /li>
- Japanese-made reproduction D-ring waist adjusters.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Our customs brokerage is very good, and we ship successfully worldwide.
We accept returns for premade items within seven (7) days of receipt, in new/unworn condition.
Bespoke items cannot be returned.