- They called our soldiers “Johnny Canuck,” in WWII. When those hardworking men returned to Canada, they might have worn leather jackets like this one. Adapted from a very early 1920s jacket from W. Shanhouse and Sons, the Canuck keeps the original beauty and simplicity of fit, but adds updated, better stitching and construction. This lean-fitting stunner of a railwayman’s jacket is rugged, with a high armhole for very efficient movement.
Note that the Canuck is available (for a $50 additional charge) with the Himel Bros. “Keystone Back Belt,” a unique, Art Deco-inspired innovation. Select it under “Special Features.”
This jacket is available for bespoke or stock size orders. To begin the bespoke order process, click here for our guide to ordering a customized jacket.
To order a stock size, simply ignore the "measurements (optional)" section below, and select the size you wish to receive under the “Size” dropdown below the description.
For stock size orders, please consult this chart for available measurements.
Special features are available on both bespoke and stock size jackets. Please consult this page for more information about available options.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- New Old Stock (NOS) vintage buttons, with buttonholes sewn with our 1940s Reece 101 buttonhole machines. These are the buttonholes that put Himel Bros. on the map.
- Himel Bros. proprietary stitching techniques—high stitch count with holes that don’t stretch.
- Our stitching takes up to 3x longer than other makers, but we think it’s worth the extra work.
- Underarm expansion gussets, made in the style of the earliest examples.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Our customs brokerage is very good, and we ship successfully worldwide.
We accept returns for premade items within seven (7) days of receipt, in new/unworn condition.
Bespoke items cannot be returned.