The Heron is named for both the majestic Canadian waterfowl, and the White Heron Castle in Japan, near where our proprietary Shinki horsehide is sourced.
This bespoke Himel Bros. designed leather jacket is based on a deeply primitive early-1930s style, which demonstrates both the simplistic beauty of naïve tailoring, and the construction excesses of the 1930s. Characteristic of adventurers from Earhartt to Byrd, this Cossack style was adopted by the American military and designated the ‘A-1.’ Its descendants became universal—but the Heron is unique. Its shawl collar shape and organic, hand-drawn lines are specific Himel Bros. innovations. We stand by it—the Heron is the finest A-1 money can buy.
- This is a bespoke product, that requires additional measurements to be submitted by the customer. Once you submit your order, you can find the interactive instructions and order form right here.
For stock size orders, please consult the size chart here, and select "I am ordering a jacket in a stock size." on the order form.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- Japanese-made reproduction 1950s Talon zippers.
- Giant single-piece back panel.
- No expansion engineering.
- Japanese D-ring waist adjusters.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship internationally using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Please contact us for any special shipping requests. We ship in Canada using Canada Post.
Customers are responsible for any and all fees and duties incurred in international delivery.
Return Policy: We accept returns on new, premade items, not including made-to-order, or overstock, within seven (7) days. Items must be in new condition.
We do not accept returns on any bespoke or made-to-order products, limited releases, sample sale, or presale items.
Presale orders may be canceled for a full refund until the end of the specified presale period, after which no returns will be accepted. Exchanges in the event of an incorrect size can be arranged at Himel Bros. Leather's discretion.
Bespoke Items and custom garments cannot be returned. In the event that Himel Bros determines that we have made an incorrect garment or sizing error, the item will be replaced with the correct bespoke item. No return packages will be accepted with a Return Shipment Number.