- Named for the legendary Canadian/British aviation company, which produced warplanes from WWI on, the Avro is the most complex pattern in the Himel Bros. arsenal. This jacket’s design springs from two rich sources of history: Aviator’s jackets, and early D-pocket motorcycle jackets. Inspired by an early “Leather Togs” D-pocket jacket which David believes to be the “missing link”—the single jacket which arguably defined the modern motorcycle jacket—the Avro shows the best of Himel Bros. quality and attention to detail.
Features include the “D-pocket,” also commonly known as the “gun,” or “map,” pocket, a beautiful “Sunburst,” back, typical of early-1930s Canadian sport jackets, and a cool chinstrap tucked beneath the collar. See details for more.
This jacket is available for bespoke or stock size orders. To begin the bespoke order process, click here for our guide to ordering a customized jacket. To order a stock size, simply ignore the "measurements (optional)" section below, and select the size you wish to receive under the “Size” dropdown below the description. For stock size orders, please consult this chart for available measurements.
Special features are available on both bespoke and stock size jackets. Please consult this page for more information about available options.
Our online bespoke process has an extremely high success rate—please contact us if you have any questions or require guidance of any type.
- Made in Japan replica 1940s zippers, featuring decorative leather welts. All pull-tabs come with leather grips and decorative spot work.
- Internal tobacco pocket.
- Kidney belt area, underarms, and cuffs lined with smooth buffalo leather.
- Underarm expansion gussets, made in the style of the earliest examples.
- Guterman 100% cotton thread, 16/4 gauge, made at one of the last thread companies in New Bedford.
- Made in Toronto, Canada, by our team of master craftspeople and David Himel.
- We ship using DHL from Toronto, Canada. Our customs brokerage is very good, and we ship successfully worldwide.
We accept returns for premade items within seven (7) days of receipt, in new/unworn condition.
Bespoke items cannot be returned.